Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Women and Baseball

Nat: yes sir
she said the people at the health center said it was strep
"i was going to call last night but I wanted to wait until morning to see if I feel better, and I dont..."
4:48 PM me: wow, she went to the health center? she must have been feeling pretty crappy
or pretty streppy
she texted to cancel?
Nat: yes
sent 3
and then some
after i responded
4:49 PM i asked her what she had planned for the weekend: "Sleeping and or dying"
me: so be it
Nat: yup
she said "i hope you aren't mad!!"
4:50 PM i said, "well, we'll count this as a ball rather than a strike"
me: doesnt make sense
you could have just said, "relax, it's only your first strike"
do you even know how baseball works Nat?
4:51 PM Nat: yes i do
i know it doesnt work perfect
the analogy
b/c a ball is the pitchers fault
and i am not at fault here
me: luckily she knows bumpkis about baseball
4:52 PM Nat: but it works in the sense that she's not in a condition to swing the bat so we'll let her slide
yeah i am lucky there
me: you only slide when you're going to second, third or home. There is no reason to slide when she's not even running for first
4:53 PM Nat: ok ok when i just said slide i didnt mean it in baseball terms
me: if she's in no condition to swing the bat, then she should be benched
you should have just said, "just sit this inning out then"
Nat: she is benched until she gets better
ok, Josh, you are a master of the analogy
i should have consulted with you
, master
4:54 PM me: it doesn't matter...maybe you two are more compatible than I give you credit for
Nat: i will make no predictions
4:55 PM me: yeah, when you make predictions, you get letters telling you that you're a "nutcase"
Nat: haha
me: when the correct term should be "crackerjack box" or "a bag of sunflower seeds"
Nat: well, you've got to learn to make good predicitions
4:57 PM Nat: to know when it's time to pull the pitcher and put in the closer
4:58 PM me: hang on, none of us is the pitcher
when I said she struck out, it doesn't mean I was pitching
nor did it mean that you were pitching during your little "ball" aside
4:59 PM Nat: so who is the pitcher?
me: no pitching nor closing is done by any of us
me: there really isn't pitching, because nobody is trying to make anyone strike out
it's more like tee-ball
Nat: hahaha
that's true
me: the only reason why someone would strike out is if they were a. intending to, or b. retarded

6 comments:

Alyssa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Josh is totally right. She should have been benched. Texting? Please.
What happens with the ball isn't always the pitcher's fault. It's still a strike if she swings, even if the pitch is perfect, and misses.
(Has Nat ever played baseball? Evidently tee-ball was his thing :P)



- Avid, Discontented Reader

Nat said...

You are correct. I have never played on an organized tee-ball or baseball league. But IPM Peoria and Champaign Zone softball totally counts

Jeremy said...

Wow, the whole baseball thing really got out of hand. I play baseball and I got really lost...

Nat said...

i would like to note that the first comment came from the person who suggested tonsil hockey as a preferred method to end a date

HOLLAA!!

Alyssa said...

And it didn't happen. Clearly, you didn't understand the "preferred" part of your own comment.

 
src="http://www.google.com/calendar/images/ext/gc_button1_en.gif"">">