Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Greek tragedy of Jeremy Lindstrom

This is perhaps the worst thing to ever happen to anybody.

So Jeremy around midnight breaks up with a certain girl from Rexburg over the phone.
Shortly after Jeremy decides on a whim to go and break up with her to her face even after the deed has already been done.
Jeremy leaves house in car.
Drives 5 hours to Rexburg.
Breaks up with the girl face-t0-face
Jeremy is in car and on his way home again within an hour of arriving.
Jeremy is pulled over for doing 75 mph in a 65 area. $75 ticket.
Jeremy speeds again and slides off the road. $75 ticket. $175 towing?
Jeremy speeds yet again, falls asleep at the wheel and rear-ends a semi-truck. He totals his car. The cops gave him a third ticket, this one has no price on it (I imagine his license is getting revoked. Just like on Dan in Real Life...Three strikes, yer out!).
Missed two classes. Got no breakfast. Got no lunch. Got no girlfriend. Got no car. Got no job. If he had pets, his pet's heads probably would be falling off.

This is the worst story I have ever heard.


Here is how the Mastercard commercial would look:

Gas from Provo to Rexburg: $50
One ticket: $75
Second ticket, tow truck: $250
Third ticket, license revocation, totalled car, getting stranded in Brigham City: $3000
The laughs everyone has at your expense for driving all that way to break up with your girlfriend: Priceless

3 comments:

Nat said...

this is the saddest story I have ever heard in real life

Jeremy said...

Okay, I must post some corrections in regards to the Greek tragedy since I was a first-hand witness of the entire thing.

First: The sliding off the road happened first, maybe 20 minutes on my way out of Rexburg. I was NOT speeding, I was going the speed limit; the ticket was for "going too fast for conditions." I didn't bother to tell the officer that I didn't slide, I fell asleep and drifted.

Second: THEN the second speeding story happened. I was, understandably, distracted and thinking about other things so when the speed limit dropped from 75 to 65 at Pocatello I wasn't paying attention and although I had slowed down and was going 65 for a good mile the cop, who was taking his time, finally pulled me over and gave me a ticket.

Third: I also wasn't speeding when I got into an accident, I did, however, fall asleep and rear-end the semi. And the towing bill for that one was $75. Add that to the Mastercard.

Fourth: Inbetween the second speeding ticket and the wreck my teammate with whom I am competing next weekend in Cinncinati called and said that she quits and isn't going to Cinncinati for the World Championship Qualifier. I have no team with which to compete now.

Fifth: The towing bill to tow my car after the accident with the semi was $75.

Sixth: I hope my car isn't $3000 to fix. Dang.

Seventh: I don't have a job to cover the...expenses.

Eigth: Getting my license revoked might not be a problem. My father said that there's a possibility of no one insuring me after the day's events so I might not be driving either way.

Ninth: Needless to say I missed my classes that day.

Ten: I really apprecite all the support that everyone showed. John and Josh: thanks for coming and rescuing me from Brigham City, they skipped class and work to make the hour and a half drive. Also, those of you who donated money and stuff, thank you so much, I'm in shock and don't know how to day thank you.

J. Guest said...

All I can say is that your ex- is a black magic woman.

 
src="http://www.google.com/calendar/images/ext/gc_button1_en.gif"">">